I have been working on various bits and pieces of OpenSim for nearly 10
years. The development team has performed remarkably and the product is
superb.

With this said, I am missing one specific part of opensim that I am still
missing out on and cannot get to work. I have pulled my hair out working on
this for nearly two weeks now. I have even bought into my own external
website, passing the probability that my ISP does not allow the port
configuration to pass. I would like to use the GMAIL as it has been written
to work. I cannot get it to work; hence the need for this call for help.

I am currently running OpenSim 0.9.0.0 release on Ubuntu 17.04 LTS, using
the standard software for it. I have not put any additional bells and
whistles to the operating system.

I am running Joomla (with a jOpenSim extension) which has allowed me to buy
and sell land. I am also able to use the Gloebit currency on my grid.

Hopefully enough of a background of my system has been presented in order to
draw attention to my current [SMTP] section of my opensim.ini :

[SMTP]

Enabled = true

Internal_object_host = lsl.opensim.local

Host_domain_header_from = "127.0.0.1"

Email_pause_time = 20

Email_max_size = 4096

Smtp_server_hostname = "smtp.gmail.com"

Smtp_server_port = 465

Smtp_server_login = "x...@gmail.com"

Smtp_server_password = "xxx"

I have validated in my Gmail settings that my pop/IMAP are both turned on.

Any ideas what my problem is? I know some grid out there has this working
and would surely appreciate all the feedback and ideas possible.

Herfulnerful Holsworthy

Insight Concepts Grid

gcse.dyndns.org:8002