slpd seems to scan the available network interfaces only once at
startup. So service discovery does not work in situations like the
following:

- The SA has not yet received its IP address from a DHCP server when
slpd is starting.

- The user powers up the SA before connecting it to the network.

- The user decides to plug in the network cable to another port when the
SA is already running.

So my question is: Is it possible to force slpd to periodically rescan
the available network interfaces and connect to them?

I think this feature is necessary to give the user a real plug'n'play
(or plug and discover...) feeling. My goal is still to avoid any manual
configuration on the SAs (like setting fixed IP addresses in some
configuration file). It should be possible for the user to just attach a
new node (SA) to the power and to the network (in any order...). The
node should then get its IP address from a DHCP server and publish its
service via SLP.

Best regards
Robert