Hello,

The slpd is being restarted because the interface ip's change (i have
now grasped the IGMP stuff :). However, we have noticed that
when the daemon starts, the daemon attempts to contact a DHCP
server to obtain the DA, which our box is not. But within the networks
we run the server, there will be no DA machines.

The core problem with this is that /etc/resolv.conf has entries which
no longer reflect the system's network settings. That is to say, rather,
during startup of the daemon, this DA disovery takes place and causes
the daemonize of the deamon to be delayed.

In our system, we had an issue of the hostname was not located in
/etc/hosts, so the DA Discovery did a nslookup of the hostname from a
dns server which was not available of the system (we fixed this).

However, the underlying issue of disabling DA discovery completely would be
nice.

/Ryan