From: Wang, Ren [mailto:ren.w...@nuance.com]
Sent: 23 October 2012 14:36
To: HIRD Matthew; Nick Wagner
Cc: openslp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Openslp-users] DA deployment

Hi Matt,

In my test case, there are two slpd daemons, one is a DA (net.slp.isDA=true),
and one is SA which statically configured to communicate with DA (set the
net.slp.DAAddresses to the DA IP address).

I conducted more tests today with net.slp.DASyncReg = true. Here is the test
result:

1)      Start slpd on the DA machine

2)      Start slpad on the SA machine

3)      Run the SA application with SLPReg call

4)      Run slptool findsrvs command, the registered service is found no problem

5)      Shutdown slpd on the DA machine

6)      Run slptool findsrvs command again, the registered service can't found.
I think this is OK since there is no DA and my SA is pointing to an invalid DA.

7)      Start slpd on the DA machine again

8)      Run slptool findsrvs command again, the registered service still can't
found - I think this is a problem.

Regards,

Ren