Hello,

I've been using OpenSLP in my project for a while now. This week I set
up a new computer (Windows 7 64Bit) and I tried to build and run my
application and OpenSLP on this new machine with VC++2010. Even though I
have a 64Bit OS I'm building OpenSLP as a 32Bit application, since my
own application is also 32Bit.

First I tried the latest version from the Mercurial repository (cdaeb8).
I was able to build it and slpd seems to work, since
slptool findsrvs service:service-agent
returns one entry with my IP address. However, when I try this:
slptool register service:myserv.x://myhost.com
(as in the examples of slptool), I get an access violation (Unhandled
exception at 0x00401643 in slptool.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation
reading location 0x00000000.)

Then I tried an older version (the latest version from the SVN
repository, rev. 1701). I can also build and install slpd, and I can
also find the service-agent. But when I try to register a service using
slptool I get error code -19. As far as I know this indicates a problem
with the communication between slpd and slptool, right? However, slpd
seems to be running (otherwise I wouldn't find the service-agent). So I
guess it is a problem with missing privileges or a firewall problem.
What rules do I need in the Windows Firewall to get OpenSLP to work? (do
I need rules for slpd or slptool?, ingoing or outgoing? which port and
protocol?). Unfortunately I cannot completely disable the firewall for a
test due to group policies, but I can add rules.

Any hints on how to solve or debug at least one of these problems would
be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Robert