On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 06:04:35PM -0000, EGreg wrote:

> Hey guys, BIG PROPS for rolling out a new industry standard, AND
> getting so many partners on board. You are going to get a huge number
> of app developers as well.
>
> In that regard, I want to ask you -
> * Even though the standard is called OpenSocial, it is up to the
> social networks (the "containers") to allow developers to submit their
> applications and so forth. So they can restrict app developers or give
> head starts to some and not others, right?

Open Social Sites can adopt whatever policy they want.

At Hi5 we're going to offer a self-serve developer signup system in
the next two weeks, and a sandbox that works with that.  This data
will form the basis of our Application Gallery.

So far we've been creating dev accounts by hand and it obviously
doesn't scale.

For developer off the street you can get a certain number of API calls
per minute/hour/day to test things out.  To publish in the application
gallery will require a little more information, either embedded in
your XML or listed with us directly.

I'd be interested in hearing what developers out there would rate
their highest priorities so we can hit thost targets...

--
Paul Lindner
hi5 Architect