On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 12:16:32AM -0800, MrGamma wrote:

> Unless this OpenSocial concept intends to actually connect people
> across networks allowing them to share their resources... friends
> lists, messages, ect... then it does nothing but provide a way for you
> to develop software for someone else for free...

That's a bit harsh, and I think that Slide, Rock You and a bunch of
other successful widget companies would dispute your assertion.

Right now OpenSocial is a bit messy and there are kinks to work out,
especially on the RESTful api.  Consider this your chance to have your
voice heard and help to make OpenSocial meet your own needs.

Also consider that having a common data API will eventually allow for
the sharing of resources between networks.  We just need to continue
the momentum and keep moving forward.

--
Paul Lindner
hi5 Architect