It's the nature of the Google Groups... Welcome to the community...
Google employees will stop by to give authoritative answers every now
and then... but generally... it's a real forum style community... What
exactly are you having problems with? I'm not actually knee deep into
a social app project yet but I've been reading what I can get my hands
on... so far... from a technical perspective... the link which hi5
just posted is very interesting... very straight forward so far...

http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-api/browse_thread/thread/d3e4c3e912c25ddc/3f1f9c4db0970e96#3f1f9c4db0970e96