function requestMe() {
  var req = opensocial.newDataRequest();
  var state = "some data";

  req.add(req.newFetchPersonRequest("OWNER"), "owner");
  req.add(req.newFetchPeopleRequest("OWNER_FRIENDS"),
"owner_friends");

  //Is this code allowed ?????  The samples only use "VIEWER" for this
call but I assumed I can attach app state to "OWNER" as well
  //
  req.add(req.newUpdatePersonAppDataRequest("OWNER", "StateField0",
state));

  req.send(handleRequestMe);
}