Hi,

There's a proposed addition to the API that adds a new call:

  urlTo(mode,params)

Here's the hack code we have in hi5container.js:

opensocial.Hi5Container.prototype.urlTo = function(mode, params) {
    var url;
    switch(mode) {
      case opensocial.Hi5Container.Mode.CANVAS :
          // TODO hack, fix for general case
          url = "/friend/displayAppCanvas.do?appName=Songs+iLike";
          alert(params);
          alert(params.length);
          break;
      case opensocial.Hi5Container.Mode.PROFILE :
          break;
      case opensocial.Hi5Container.Mode.PREVIEW :
          break;
    };
    return url;
};

Obviously this needs to be scoped out so that params get passed as
well as the installed Application ID.  This will allow you to get from
the profile page to a canvas page, and maybe even popups...