Hi Jay,

   This is more of a container question and in the future, you should
post questions like this in the Implementing OpenSocial Containers
group: http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-container/topics.

   As a quick answer to your question - containers can handle gadgets
however they wish.  I believe that some of the current OpenSocial
containers have already implemented a whitelist system where only
approved gadgets will run.  You should be able to get more detailed
information in the Implementing OpenSocial Containers group.

Hope this helps,
~Arne