Hi Keith,

On Jan 3, 5:07 am, Keith J Pittner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So, in an effort to not have any javascript running in the browser, I
> want to:
> 1. make a servlet that talks with the DATA API to provide credentials,
> get any and all info from any and all containers
> 2. organize all of the returned info myself
> 3. return the newly formatted info to the user in a web page
> 4. anything they do on the web page goes to my servlet which then
> communicates the activity with the DATA API
>
> possible?

   Yes, that is the purpose of the RESTful Data APIs - to be able to
communicate server-to-server between your application's backend and
the OpenSocial container where the application runs.  What you
describe will be possible once these APIs go live.

On Jan 3, 5:28 am, "Dashrath Bitla" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there a DATA API for Orkut thats nothing to do with OpenSocial?

Dashrath - Sorry, there isn't a data API for Orkut.  Most of the
functions you'd want to use with Orkut rely on social data and will
likely be covered by the OpenSocial API.

~Arne