Hello,

I'm developing some gadgets that include some custom JS and CSS library
files. Being content-type html, they would usually require hard-coded URLs,
no relative paths as they're served from gmodules etc as opposed to my own
server. However, they're intended for distribution, so I want to avoid
hard-coding the entire URL in <script> and css <link> tags. What's the best
option here? I've considered the following options, but none are ideal:

- Generate the gadget spec from a server-side script or pre-compiler (which
inspects the current path). But I want to keep it simple and avoid those
kinds of dependencies.
- Use content-type=URL. But I want to use "html" and in any event, it's
going to be better supported that way.
- Avoid including CSS/JS files - keep it all in one file. This is the way
gadgets are typically envisioned to work. But there is common code and I
want to avoid duplication.
- Use "on-demand Javascript/CSS", ie dynamically include the JS/CSS by
programmatically generating a script tag (or remotely fetching and eval'ing
in the case of JS). This would be slower, but workable. It does raises
another question: is there an API call to discover the source URL for the
current gadget? (You could do it in a hacky way by parsing the iframe URL,
but it would be unreliable and container-dependent. I think there should be
such a "gadget reflection" type function available.
- Is there a better option?

It would be good if there was a way to <require> a script, which could then
optionally be cached by the container.