Hello everybody,

After reading opensocial apis and gadgets apis i have some doubts.

1.First of all, for me, the main purpose behind the opensocial apps
development is to increase the user base of my product(desktop
application). I have one website through which users can purchase and
download the product.

And i want to develop opensocial app so that whenever user adds my
application, that user automatically will be added into my database
and become the user of my site.

Is it possible to do such kind of thing?
If yes, then please guide me how to implement it.

2. Can i develop the whole application at my local environment and
upload it to orkut? if yes then how the API's will work at my local
environment?

3.Google Gadgets Editor (GGE) (http://code.google.com/apis/gadgets/
docs/gs.html#Scratchpad)  is the only place where i can write the
code?
  Because to develop big application it is very difficult to develop
in such a small area.
4.Is it possible to store some information to my server? How to do
that? What type of development needed at my server side(my website is
developed in asp.net)?

Any help will be appriciated
Thanks in advance.