Hi,

I'm very interested in OpenSocial but I'm very new to it as well. I
have an idea about an application and I'm
trying to find out how to utilize Opensocial and/or FriendConnect for
that.

Ideally my application would have it's own website but in some or the
other way socialize with other social networks (that's the goal). What
I've not got a good understanding of yet is how the interaction can
happen.

Using FriendConnect can I have access to the user's id so I can store
information in relation to the user (guest) on my own server?

Do I get information about the user's login, i.e. if he got
authenticated or not (to initiate a session)?

Could I use user ids to form my own groups and store them?

Could I send actions/feeds to users that I stored ids from?

Can I make user actions on my site visible to their friends? May be
via using a gadget that would do that but feeding it from my
application, like a 'proxy gadget'?

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track but any bit of understanding
that you could provide would be really appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Lars