Hi,
Akash is quite right about revenue generation using adsense, and to add
more, ads are allowed only on the Canvas page and not on the Profile page.
This is to keep a good user experience.

I recommend you refer to the Orkut Developer Guidelines to know what you can
do and can't do.
http://code.google.com/apis/orkut/docs/orkutdevguidelines.html

Thanks,
Rohit

Google Developer Programs

Join us at Google's biggest developer event of the year
May 28-29, San Francisco
http://code.google.com/events/io