I think it'd be useful if instead of having to define any HTML content
within <Content ...> sections, I could instead do something like:

<Content type="html"  view="canvas" id="canvaspage1" url="http://
mysite.com/canvaspage1.html" />

Designers could work on these pieces separately, never have to worry
about modifying an app's xml definition and publish changes whenever
they like. The container could prefetch these sources, cache them and
in turn make them available in the iframe inline or in memory.

I'd also find it useful when I had multiple screens within my canvas
that could each be designed in separate locations:

<Content type="html"  view="canvas" id="canvaspage1" url="http://
mysite.com/canvaspage1.html" />
<Content type="html"  view="canvas" id="canvaspage2" url="http://
mysite.com/canvaspage2.html" />
<Content type="html"  view="canvas" id="canvaspage3" url="http://
mysite.com/canvaspage3.html" />

My code could hide/show these layers independently or use them as
templates.

-bcc