Hi,

You can use the getId() function of the Person object in the
opensocial API. Refer to the following piece of code.

function request() {
        var req=opensocial.newDataRequest();
        req.add(req.newFetchPersonRequest("OWNER"), "owner");
        req.send(response);
};

function response(data) {
        var owner = data.get('owner').getData();
        var name = owner.getDisplayName(); //name contains the display
name of the user
        var id = owner.getId();            //id now contains a number
which can uniquely identify each user.
}

You can store this id in some database and check for first-time users
using this id :)

Hope this helps...

Regards,
Prafulla