Hi Jarebb,

  Your code looks good, so it looks like Friendster might be having a
problem.  You should submit a bug report to them indicating what
you're seeing.

  Here's some code that shows how to get the total number of the
owner's friends.  It should display two alerts: the first should
display 5 (the number of friends contained in the response) and the
second should display the number of total friends you have available.

function response(data) {
  var friends = data.get("friends").getData();
  alert(friends.size());
  alert(friends.getTotalSize());
};

var params = {};
params[opensocial.DataRequest.PeopleRequestFields.MAX] = 5;
params[opensocial.DataRequest.PeopleRequestFields.FIRST] = 10;

var req = opensocial.newDataRequest();
req.add(req.newFetchPeopleRequest(
    opensocial.DataRequest.Group.OWNER_FRIENDS, params), "friends");

req.send(response);

Hope this helps!
~Arne