be the OWNER of the app. I guessed it should be a single line
statement, but haven't been able to figure that out. Tried changing
some tutorial code,

#1: does iGoogle support both OWNER and VIEWER modes?
#2: would modifying the code for fetching details for VIEWER work with
OWNER.
For eg, I just changed the code to fetch a VIEWER's details (by
creating a DataRequest object and populating it), but doesn't seem to
work.
req.add(req.newFetchPersonRequest(opensocial.IdSpec.PersonId.OWNER),
'owner');
but the value that is returned on
var owner = data.get('owner').getData();