I have created a gadget and can make a simple RPC request to a
service I have implemented using the app engine.  I would like to
store and
retrieve user specific information using the RPC service, but I want
to do it in a secure way.

How can I identify the logged in user of the gadget container
(OpenSocial container) and provide this information to the service?  I
have looked at OAuth, but this appears to be a way to allow users to
authorize access to data from third-party gadgets.  Since I am the
gadget and service author, I don' think this is
necessary.  My gadget is "phoning home."  I think I just need to get
the identity of the logged in user.

The container makeRequest function does support OAUTH and SIGNED
authorization types, but these don't seem like what I need.

I would appreciate help on this.