I am not sure what forum this Question should go to?

I am trying to develop a sample social application using open social
api which can be used on igoogle and I can have something similar for
atleast one more social site (may be my.yahoo or facebook). I read
that even yahoo is supporting open social api. Now, as a developer
what does that mean to me ? Can use the same gadget code for my.yahoo
or any other social networking site which supports them ?  If yes is
there a way which is documented for doing this ?

Many Thanks
Vinay