Do I need to have my open social gadget application installed/running
on an open social container before I can retrieve information related
to Friends, Activities etc via server-to-server api calls using the
REST api from an application hosted on my own web server? If so, then
what must my gadget do if my primary requirement is simply to get info
on Friends, Profile etc. using REST api across containers? Plz help.