Hi Rafael!

About your english, no problem, since there´re many Brazilians here, like me
:D

If I understood your question, you´ve already done what you want. if data ==
null, do whatever you want during first time and then set the value, so next
time nothing will happen.

Just change here:

  if (data == null){
        //do whatever you want..