Good day everyone.

I am having a problem, with using the PROFILE_DETAILS people request
field, with a request fetching my viewer's friends (and possibly
friends-of-friends, but I'm hardcoding the network distance as 1 for
now, due to my container being limited).

When I include the PROFILE_DETAILS paramater in my req_params hash, I
get absolutely no results. I have so far not found anything in the
documentation indicating that this parameter is not supported for the
kind of query I'm making, so I wonder: is this a limitation of the
container I'm using (MySpace), or am I doing something wrong?

Here is my code:

function loadFriends(cb)
{
        var idspec_params = {};
        idspec_params[opensocial.IdSpec.Field.USER_ID] =
opensocial.IdSpec.PersonId.VIEWER;
        idspec_params[opensocial.IdSpec.Field.GROUP_ID] =
opensocial.IdSpec.GroupId.FRIENDS;
        idspec_params[opensocial.IdSpec.Field.NETWORK_DISTANCE] = 1;

        var idSpec = opensocial.newIdSpec(idspec_params);

        var fields = [opensocial.Person.Field.ABOUT_ME,
opensocial.Person.Field.AGE];

        var req_params = {};
        req_params[opensocial.DataRequest.PeopleRequestFields.MAX] = 1000;
        req_params
[opensocial.DataRequest.PeopleRequestFields.PROFILE_DETAILS] =
fields;

        var req = opensocial.newDataRequest();
        req.add(req.newFetchPeopleRequest(idSpec, req_params), "friends");
        req.send(cb);
}

For background information: I am trying to build an application to
help a user find people in his/her network with interests/expertise on
a particular topic, and at first I included a lot more fields than
just ABOUT_ME and AGE, but I whittled them down in the hope that I was
simply requesting an unsupported field, or perhaps one particular
field which was unauthorized somehow..?

Btw, I am a beginner with opensocial, this is my first application, if
I'm leaving out some important details (or revealing some major
misunderstandings) please let me know :-)

Best regards,
Steinn E. SigurĂ°arson