On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 10:26 PM, Mayank <call.mayankg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Arne,
>
> making calls to http servers can be done with ajax,

I'm not entirely sure, but I'd imagine that the browser cross domain policy
would still be in effect if the javascript file were loaded from your
filesystem, preventing you from using ajax to contact MySpace's servers.
See https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Same_origin_policy_for_JavaScript for
more information.

I wrote a quick test of this and loading remote urls from a html file saved
to my Desktop did not seem to work.

> but main  issue is
> wether it is possible to authenticate into myspace from a client side
> application. The myspace developer site gives no information about
> building client side desktop applications and only talks about
> applications hosted on a server.

You'd need to open a browser window to let the user authenticate with OAuth
into MySpace, otherwise the same client libraries could be used for both a
server application or a desktop application.

OAuth for installed apps is a bit of a pain, but it is possible to do.
Searching the internet should come up with a couple of examples.

~Arne