Thanks for your reply, Robson.
Can you explain what sort of social features I will loose by doing so?
I am using an iFrame to embed the Silverlight-based app, users of my
social network will not be able to run the app without installing
Silverlight-plugin?

Another thing, Yahoo Application Platform allows developers to create
their applications using language of their choice, such as Python,
Java, or PHP (refer http://developer.yahoo.com/yap/guide/prog-model.html).
Can we achieve the same with OpenSocial?

Thanks.