You need to create an orkut account first,
after that , you need to ask access to the sandbox.
( http://code.google.com/apis/orkut/ ).

When access is granted (you'll recieve a mail),
you need to go to http://sandbox.orkut.com
over there you can add your gadget by using
the applications link.

Take care!

Hans F.