Shoban, thanks for offering to help. I get a blank screen when I run
the following code

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <Module>
- <ModulePrefs title="Lukup" height="502" scrolling="false">
  <Require feature="opensocial-0.5" />
  </ModulePrefs>
- <!-- <Content type="url" href="http://test.xyz.com/GoogleGadget.php?
file=index.php" />
  -->
- <Content type="html">
- <![CDATA[             <script type="text/javascript">
                var view = null;
                var uid = null;
                _IG_RegisterOnloadHandler(getUser);

                //open a new data request
                function getUser() {
                         var req = opensocial.newDataRequest();

                        //remember, the user is also a viewer
                        req.add(req.newFetchPersonRequest("VIEWER"), "viewer");
                        req.add(req.newFetchPeopleRequest("OWNER_FRIENDS"),
"friends");
                        req.send(handleUser);
                };

                //get the reference to the user
                function handleUser(data) {
                        var viewer = data.get("viewer");
                        var friends = data.get("friends");
                        var network = "orkut";
                        // Error handling
                        if (viewer.hadError() || friends.hadError()) {
                                //Handle error using viewer.getError()
                                //console.log(viewer.getError());
                                return;
                        }

                        var person = viewer.getData();

                        if(person.isOwner())
                                view = "owner";
                        else
                                view = "visitor";

                        uid = person.getId();

                        var friends = friends.getData();
                        var friendsData = [];

                        friends.each(function(person) {
                                friendsData.push([
                                        person.getId(),

person.getField(opensocial.Person.Field.NAME),

person.getField(opensocial.Person.Field.PROFILE_URL),

person.getField(opensocial.Person.Field.THUMBNAIL_URL)
                                ].join(','))
                        });

                        var profileStr =
escape(person.getField(opensocial.Person.Field.PROFILE_URL));
                        var friendsStr = escape(friendsData.join(';'));

                        document.getElementById('app').src =
"http://test.xyz.com/index.php?
view=" + view + "&user=" + uid + "&network=" + network + "&profile=" +
profileStr + "&friends=" + friendsStr;
                };
                </script>
                <iframe id="app" src="about:blank" frameborder="0" style="width:
100%; height:100%"></iframe>

  ]]>
  </Content>
  </Module>

I have put in a dummy URL test.xyz.com in the code above.