Hi!

Try adding a function and attaching it to the window object's onunload
property:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Module>
  <ModulePrefs title="onunload event example" />
  <Content type="html"><![CDATA[
    <script type="text/javascript">
      window.onunload = function() {
        alert('Exiting...');
      }
    </script>
  ]]></Content>
</Module>

This simple gadget should show an alert dialog when the user attempts
to navigate away from the page or close the browser window.

Hope this helps,
- Jason