Hi!

The Orkut Developer's Guide is a great place to start; it provides a
number of sample applications and explains how to add them to your
Orkut profile.

http://code.google.com/apis/orkut/docs/orkutdevguide.html

In order to run these sample applications and preview your own within
Orkut, you must have access to the Orkut Sandbox. If you haven't
already, sign up to access the Sandbox here:

http://code.google.com/support/opensocialsignup/

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

- Jason