Hi Rohit. Actually, I'm pretty sure your problem is unelated to
opensocial.requestPermission().

Due to user privacy and security concerns, the Orkut sandbox no longer
allows your application to access viewer data (including display name,
ID, etc.) unless the viewer has the same application installed on his
own profile.

To get around this, I suggest programming separate interfaces for the
owner and viewer. Say you are building some a game using the
OpenSocial API -- the owner should be able to see and play the game
while the viewer (assuming he isn't also the owner, of course) can
only see the owner's high score and perhaps a preview of the gameplay,
just as long as viewer information isn't required due to the concerns
listed above. I'm sorry for the bad news, but this limitation should
be fairly easy to work around.

Cheers!
- Jason