Hi,

Did you think about the fact that any data your app communicates
through the Orkut container to your own servers is visible to Orkut?
(Think of the data that your servers send to your Orkut app)
Unless your app doesn't need any data from your server...

Does the Orkut team publish, or does it consider to publish, a policy
for how it handles that data (or rather how it will not handle that
data...)

This should be important for apps that pull private user data from
their own site in order to use it inside the container, or inside
their app that is hosted in the container, whichever terminology is
more accurate.

Otherwise sites may compromise their privacy policy that they have
towards their users/customers in order to host OpenSocial apps inside
Orkut. As much as we like and even trust google, we don't necessarily
agree for it to use our data in a way that can compete with our
business.

Or can Orkut or OpenSocial provide OpenSocial contained applications
data transfer that gets encrypted BEFORE it goes through to Orkut to
relay, so that confidentiality (although not total security) is
provided for apps that communicate with servers?

Thanks...
Matt