I've updated issue 74.  You need to put your adjustHeight calls into a
function that is called after the page is finished loading.  The tracker has
an example of this.

There is an outstanding issue here:
http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/issues/detail?id=63 that
describes another bug with adjustHeight that has not been fixed yet.  Calls
to adjustHeight after the first no longer change the height of the gadget.

Hope this helps,
~Arne