1. on 0.7 please use feature views
Got an error saying gadgets.views has no property  because must
include that in your xml:
<Require feature="views" />
Obtain views:
  views = gadgets.views.getSupportedViews();
  currentview = gadgets.views.getCurrentView();

2.   gadgets.views.requestNavigateTo(views.canvas,params); or
views.profile

EX: http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/wiki/NavigationBetweenViews