Parsing that forwarded email, I think Amar is trying to say that you
might be able to do:

  window.top.location = canvasPageUrlForAnotherUser

instead of

  requestNavigateTo(canvas)

This sounds plausible.  Any way to avoid hardcoding the appId number
in the source code?  Is the appId available through some opensocial
call?

I'll give it a try shortly.

Thanks,
Alex