Thanks for the suggestions.
It got fixed on its own, I changed the url where my xml was hosted and
that changed the appId and it got fixed.

I was changing the keys, but am pretty sure didnt reach the 10Kb
limit.
I now have the data clearing function in it and make sure, i dont
reach the limit.My prject is hosted here:
http://orkut-gadgets.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/friends.js

Thanks again.

-Charudatta