I am not too sure i understood your question...

But this link should solve all the problems..
http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/0.7/reference/gadgets.TabSet.html

In the example above, I am creating the tabs dynamically.. If you want
to do it on click of an element, write the code in the onClick
function.

You can use removeTab(TabIndex) to remove a tab..

Hope this helps.

Thanks.