Marshall,

The way to navigate to the submit form, from the Orkut sandbox, is to
go to the application directory, the at the bottom of the page, click
on the link in "Submit your OpenSocial application to this directory
here.". This will take you to the page to accept the policy, and next
you will get to the page to post your gadget URL.

I successfully reached there with 2 different sandbox whitelisted
accounts.

Jerome