Hi Sean,

This data is scoped per user ID and the key that you stored it under.  Your
code will work if you change

     var testData = data.get("getData").getData();
     var testData = data.get("getData").getData()[viewer.getId()]["test"];

Otherwise, you're passing an object to unescapeString, which is an error.
Of course, there are times when you won't get a viewer object back, so for
robust code, you'll want to check that the viewer exists and returns a valid
ID number.

Hope this helps,
~Arne

--
OpenSocial IRC - irc://irc.freenode.net/opensocial