Hi Sharath,

Everything looks good from what you described above, as long as you
have the following 2 lines in your gadget ModulePrefs, with
http://example.com/hello/ replaced with the location where your
message bundles are hosted:

  <Locale lang="en" messages="http://example.com/hello/en_ALL.xml"/>
  <Locale lang="pt" messages="http://example.com/hello/pt_ALL.xml"/>

For a quick test, you would be better of trying the __MSG_desc__ in
your gadget body. I am not sure what the caching policy is for the
gadget description on the Orkut sandbox.

If you want to see the localization working for a gadget, check
Friends' Time in the directory. The days and months are localized and
this is working good.

Jerome