Oops, I skipped your second post.

The image dimensions returned by the THUMBNAIL_URL profile field
depends on the original dimensions of the profile picture. In
practice, it's usually close to 65 pixels wide, although my personal
profile image is only 50 pixels wide. The height is proportional to
the width -- I've seen heights in the 55-85 pixel range. I know this
doesn't answer your question completely, but if I learn any more, I'll