If you haven't already, I suggest that you install CodeRunner. It's an
excellent development gadget that helps you test small snippets of
code easily:

http://opensocial-resources.googlecode.com/svn/samples/coderunner/trunk/index.html

Here's a small CodeRunner sample that should give you what you're
looking for. Note, however, that it will only work if the person in
question has CodeRunner installed as well. In general, the person
whose ID is passed must have the same application installed in order
for information to be retrieved.

/**
 * CODERUNNER SAMPLE CODE
 */
function response(data) {
  var owner = data.get('req').getData();
  output(owner.getField(opensocial.Person.Field.THUMBNAIL_URL));
  gadgets.window.adjustHeight();
};

function request() {
  var req = opensocial.newDataRequest();
  req.add(req.newFetchPersonRequest('01495306580392390900'), "req");
  req.send(response);
};

request();

Cheers!