Hi Rajiv,
Yes, all you need to do is update the app xml which you are hosting. Orkut
would pick it up and you should be able to see you updates.

However, It would take a while (may be an hour to couple of hours) for your
updates to appear in production, since the cache needs to be updated.

On the front of best practices, I would advice you keep a backup handy to
undo things, if needed.

Cheers,
Rohit

Google Developer Programs

Join us at Google's biggest developer event of the year
May 28-29, San Francisco
http://code.google.com/events/io