From: Vijay Gaur [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 08:34 AM
To: opensocial-orkut@googlegroups.com
Subject: [orkut-developer] Need help - very basic question

Hi,
 I am trying to access owner and visitors user ids along with view name
(canvas/profile). However when I check the link the uid and viewName in query
string are coming as null.

I was testing my application on Orkut sandbox and used the code below.
Appreciate any help.

function request() {
var req=opensocial.newDataRequest();
req.add(req.newFetchPersonRequest("VIEWER"), "viewer");
req.send(response);
};
function response(data) {
var viewer = data.get("viewer").getData();
var uid = viewer.getId();
var viewName=gadgets.views.getCurrentView().getName();
document.getElementById('test').src='http://localhost/test.aspx?uid='+uid+'&viewName='+viewName;
};

--
Regards,