Hi!
thanks for your swift reply.
I am kind of a newbie to this and have basic knowledge of java script
so I have a few doubts-
1)At present I am using GGE for hosting my gadget,is there any way I
can retrieve data sent by users in this method.
   What method of hosting do you suggest for retrieval of data.
2)  Also from what I read ,server side scripting will not  be
integrated till RESTFUL API`s are implemented.
3)Is there anyway I can get the total number of users using my gadget.

So basically could you tell me how to retrieve the data from each of
the users apps into one place(because they will be voting from their
individual apps) or maybe you could give me links from where I could
proceed learning about integrating the work done at my server and the
app and vice versa.

Thanks a lot once again.
regards
Jaichander