Hello,

I have still have some basic questions about how to communicate with
my backend-server (it's a rails-backend). I have a full rails-
application working as a normal webapplication, with user-
authentication...etc., and would like to develop an orkut-opensocial-
application as an additional interface for the users.

I read in the docs, that every request to external servers (that also
includes my rails-backend, or am i wrong with that?!?) has to be done
with makeRequest. I now noticed that i only have to load the start-
page of my app via makeRequest and then I am able to login, signup,
create objects... and klick through my app as on the normal webapp? I
thought i had to use makeRequest for that?

What is the normal way of integrating an existing webapp into orkut/
opensocial?

(sorry for my bad english (and my, maybe stupid questions, but i'm
very new to opensocial and webdevelopment in general))