Please see my reply to your post here:

http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-orkut/browse_thread/thread/508210f5490b0794/7af6bcc7976ddc46#7af6bcc7976ddc46

Until the REST-based API is available, you shouldn't structure your
application this way. You should implement all of your logic in
JavaScript and, if you need information from a database, etc., send a
signed request from the client, which you can verify on your back-end
to determine the identity of the user. The current OpenSocial API is
entirely client-side and it's very difficult to shoehorn into the
server-side programming model that you're trying to use. If you have
any specific questions on how you should structure your application,
at least until the REST-based API is available, please feel free to
ask.

In the meantime, the OpenSocial tutorial might be helpful, if you
haven't seen it already:

http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/articles/tutorial/tutorial-0.7.html

- Jason