I'm also having issues as well.  I just signed up for the sandbox
before the weekend. When I got back to work, the application to use
the sandbox was approved.  I added my helloworld app to my profile and
I got the response HelloWorld.  I changed my xml file, and it took
some time for the text to change on the app.  I then found out about
appending the querystring parameter to force the no caching.  I played
with that a while, and it seemed to work, then it stopped working.
Even if I reverted my xml back to the original HelloWorld, it didn't
take.  So I figured maybe I should start over from scratch.  I removed
my app from orkut.  Went back in to add the app via url, and got the
aformentioned error. So in short, it went from working to not working
in less than 8 hours.  :(