There are two ways: you can either use a URL gadget or display your
application in an IFrame. More information on URL gadgets is available
here:

http://code.google.com/apis/gadgets/docs/fundamentals.html#URL

Since there are no docs readily available, I wrote up a quick sample
demonstrating the IFrame approach:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Module>
  <ModulePrefs title="IFrame demo">
    <Require feature="opensocial-0.7"/>
  </ModulePrefs>
  <Content type="html">
    <![CDATA[
      <iframe src="http://www.google.com";></iframe>
    ]]>
  </Content>
</Module>

Keep in mind that neither of these approaches are recommended since it
severely limits what you can do with the OpenSocial API (at least
until the REST API is available), but there are several highly social
applications that exist in an IFrame, so it's not impossible.

Cheers!
- Jason